WHO WE ARE
OMHRA is Ontario's premier association representing people engaged in human resources management within municipalities and local public sector boards and commissions. Our membership represents 180 municipalities with an employee base of over 85,000.
- a successful organization, both internally and externally, provides and fosters strong leadership,
- effective communication includes both listening, and providing informed, clear, relevant and timely messages in the most efficient method,
it is imperative to keep current, be aware of trends and upcoming changes, respond proactively and understand all points of view, and
in leading by example by demonstrating honesty, fairness, respect, competency, integrity .... and, in turn, earning credibility!
- For the last 50 years, OMHRA has been the premier professional association representing human resources, labour relations, and senior management professionals employed within the local public sector in Ontario. Our members are employed in municipalities and local boards and commissions; they provide timely human resources advice and assistance to their respective Councils, Boards and Commissions as well as to senior administrative management.
"To be eligible for membership you must be an active employee working for a municipality, local public sector board or commission" - (needs to be reviewed in line with by-law).
WHAT WE DO
- provide leadership and direction on human resources management issues;
- communicate and exchange information pertaining to the field of Human Resources;
- promote and enhance the education and expertise of persons engaged in the human resources profession; and
- represent and promote the interests of the Association with respect to legislation, policies and programs.
For more information contact:
Telephone: (519) 826-6996
Fax: (519) 823-9293